help build a stable universe

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Sep 8 19:20:30 UTC 2004

=?UTF-8?Q?Jan_B=2E_Krej=C4=8D=C3=AD?= <JanBKrejci at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would really like to be able to say "hooray, my package (Over The
> Air) is pretty stable" and to recommend it to public use or for
> inclusion on any universe, but I'm afraid I simply can't, just because
> I don't feel brave enough. I have already spent dozens of hours just
> looking to my single humble little package, trying to figure out how
> to make it work better and more robust and I have to say that I have
> no ideas.

IMHO, it is perfectly fine for most universes if some packages are not
perfectly stable.  As long as the package doesn't lock up people's image
when it is installed, or anything, it should be fine.  :)

Perhaps the best test for this particular universe being built is: would
people rather have it, in its current state, or not have it at all?

Lex