Graphics Hardware Acceleration under Mac OS X

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Thu Sep 9 19:10:35 UTC 2004

"Jim Benson" <jbenson at appliedminds.com> reported
a problem with hardware acceleration on the Mac:

Only one small remark:

>>The scene displays only the red component. In addition, a DNU on the
>>method: B3DHardwareEngine>>restoreMorphicForeground:above appears. The
>>DNU is invoked because of a call to #halftoneForm: which is not defined
>>in the system.

The message  #halftoneForm: should be replaced with #fillColor:

>>Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?
Regrettably not. I do not have a MAC and cannot try that.
On Windows, hardware acceleration works only with openGL
enabled (There is an option "Use openGL (instead of D3D)" on
Window machines.) When you switch to hardware acceleration
when D3D is selected, the Windows VM crashes, but that is
neither a surprise nor a problem. What is the reaction of the
MAC VM in this situation?

Credibly his will not help a lot, but you can at least fix the
DNU.

Greetings, Boris