Still problems with BFAV

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Sep 10 15:26:18 UTC 2004

Karl was right, there was a problem with the server.  I've fixed the
server now but unfortunately it seems like maybe some bitrot has
occurred and the client is not being as cooperative as it should be.

Here's what you need to do if you've had the same problem Karl is
having:

1.  Close the BFAV2 client and the Squeak instance in which it was
running.

2.  Delete the listing, listingversion, and listing.zip file from
email-file-repository/bfav.squeakfoundation.org/ in the same directory
with the squeak image.

3.  Start the squeak instance and BFAV2 client again.  It should now
download the listing files and be in good shape.

I should be on #squeak most of the day if anyone needs additional
assistance.

Ken