Some thoughts 1/3: Mantis use

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sun Sep 12 19:42:27 UTC 2004

Hi Marcus and all!

Marcus Denker <denker at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> Am 12.09.2004 um 20:44 schrieb goran.krampe at bluefish.se:
> > So all in all - let's go for it. And the best way to get this moving
> > "properly" is probably to put someone "in charge" of this - anyone
> > stepping forward? Stephane? Marcus? Michael?
> >
> I can do that...

Great!

> > Things that needs to be done by the person "in charge" is probably:
> >
> > - Act as admin to set up accounts etc.
> That one is Michael and/or Bert.

Ok.

> > - Inform us all when we stop using BFAV/mailinglist and move over to
> > Mantis.
>
> I think I should make it clear that using Mantis for BugTracking does
> not  necesarily
> mean that we will stop using BFAV for tracking and reviewing [ENH].

True, but... well. I think we should - in the end - have *one* place to
look in, not multiple.
But sure, for a while we could use both in parallell.

> Testing/viewing changesets in BFAV is quite nice. But for Bugs, it does
> nothing.

Yes... Anyway, it would be nice to hear the BFAVers say something about
the future options.
For example, one variant could be to adjust BFAV so that it turns into a
"browser of Mantis" integrated into Squeak.

>      Marcus

regards, Göran