CampSmalltalk: Unstable stream opened for 3.8a

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Sep 15 07:23:11 UTC 2004

Am 14.09.2004 um 16:01 schrieb stéphane ducasse:

> Thanks for the update on the update stream ;)
>
> We are currently working with alex on a new namespace class and we
> should think how the
> KCP pending items should be treated.

There is lots of stuff to to wrt. harvesting.

Are there many KCP changesets not added? On BFAV, there is only
KCP-0122FixCanUnderstand.

It would be nice to have

1) fix the problems in the unstable m17n updates, promote them to stable
2) there are 90 approved changesets. Get them in
3) Diego posted lots of good stuff. We need to get that in or he will
stop. (I would).
4) Go over the non-approved stuff.

The idea of 3.8 is to have a release *fast*. So we should not add stuff
that needs a long
time to settle down.

So... I think the most important thing to do is to realy set up the
scheme of how things should
work for 3.8. After that, adding e.g. KCP stuff will be much easier.

So... first step:

  -> Make it possible for those with the power of [approved] to commit
to the unstable stream directly.
       (Here I should mention that adding people to that list is easy.
Just ask)

I'l have a look at that.

       Marcus