Fwd: [Squeak-fr] Still problem when saving and loading a project

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Wed Sep 15 14:20:26 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 6:17 am, stéphane ducasse wrote:
> Begin forwarded message:
> > From: Hilaire Fernandes <cddp40.tice at ac-bordeaux.fr>
> > Date: 14 septembre 2004 17:52:44 GMT+02:00
> > To: Squeak in french / Squeak en français
> > <squeak-fr at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
> > Subject: [Squeak-fr] Still problem when saving and loading a project
> > <squeak-fr at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
> >
> > Salut,
> >
> > I still have problem when saving a project with one image then opening
> > it under a another image.
> >
> > This time I load the newCarTutorial from Squeak-Land. I open it with
> > Squeak3.6, perform some translation in French, save it. Then I try to
> > open it with Squeak image 3.7gamma, unfortunately Squeak freeze.
> >
> > The debug log is attached in case it is usefull to someone.

I think this is the problem that we saw with a damaged TextMorph in a FlapTab
not re-composing.

There was a TextMorph that had encountered an error while drawing and was in
an incomplete state.

I posted a fix for this at some point, but it only fixed the ones that were in
the image.

Perhaps we could add something to the TextMorph serialization code that would
fix these on the fly when loading.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/