Searcheable BTree

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com.ar
Wed Sep 15 17:21:51 UTC 2004

> I'm not sure which abbreviations mechanism you mean; if
> you're talking
> about BTreeStringKeys, don't go there - it's way too messy.  What you
> want to do should be at the node level anyway, and not worry
> about the
> details of how the keys are stored.
OK forgotten :P

> And yes, my BTree class could definitely use some extra iteration
> protocol for ranges of keys and so on.  Maybe I'll find some
> time today
> to release a new version.
I'm happy to know that.

> However, for what you're asking, my guess is that the best data
> structure is a Trie.  I was talking to someone recently about
> this who
> was going to implement one; hopefully he'll pipe up and you
> can compare
> notes with him.
I was reading about tries. I think the tries are pretty much like we
need but the implementation is not trivial enough to develop it now.
Perhaps at the long run.
Anyway I think the IndexedCollection could help a lot by now.

Please let me know I you has the range key selection of the BTree.

Regards,

Sebastián Sastre
ssastre at seaswork.com.ar
www.seaswork.com.ar