[BUG] Monticello HTTPSocket#httpGetDocument:args:accept:request:

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Sep 15 21:20:09 UTC 2004

On Sep 15, 2004, at 2:40 PM, David Faught wrote:

> When I installed Monticello from Squeakmap about 2 days ago, the method
> shown above had the changes in 5659ProxyAuthEnh-al and I believe
> 5676HTTPSocketPort-tlk backed out.  I noticed that a new version of
> Monticello was JUst announced, so I apologize if the fix for this was
> included there.

Nope, it still messes with that method, though I don't see any reason
for it to.

> I'm having fun looking at the Recent Versions of this method and the
> differences between them while trying to figure out which version
> belongs to which changeset.  Interesting but confusing ...

Making matters even worse, it's not marked as -override, which means
that simply moving it out of the Monticello package would make the
whole method disappear when you upgrade.  So I think what I have to do
is this:

- in the next release, revert it to the tlk version, but keep it in the
package marked as -override
- a few releases down the line, when everyone has the -override mark in
their images, remove it from Monticello entirely

Avi