squeak bof at OOPSLA?

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Thu Sep 16 04:10:31 UTC 2004

On Tuesday, September 14, 2004, at 12:45 AM, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> Scott Wallace <scott.wallace at squeakland.org> wrote:
>
>> Is anyone organizing a Squeak BOF for this year's oopsla in
>> Vancouver?   Has there been at least a preliminary agreement about
>> what day it would take place?
> Alan's talk is on tuesday evening 5:30ish to 6:30ish officially.
> After that would probably be a good time since most of us will be there
> for that. There's no official event listed for tuesday evening either.

Yes, Tuesday night is the usual night for the Squeak BOF, and following
Alan's talk sounds like a logical time...

>> If the BOF could be organized such that registration for the
>> conference were not a requirement for BOF attendance, it would be a
>> great boon to a number of us.
> We've managed to do this for the last few years so hopefully we can
> continue.

Yep, I think as a general rule the BOFs are always free for anyone to
attend.

> The real problem is how much money do we have to pay to be
> allowed in to Alan's lecture.... I think anyone wearing a Squeak.org
> enamel pin should be let in free :-) Hmm, oopsla.acm.org leads me to a
> page that says $250 for a single day reg. Ouch.

I'll probably do the single day thing.  (And I'll probably only be
there two days max.)  By the way, today (Thursday) is the last day for
the early registration discount.

- Doug