Some thoughts 3/3: About some look changes

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 16 17:57:17 UTC 2004

Diego,

For what it's worth from someone who is only sporadically playing with Squeak
and just started to learn Smalltalk, as a way to get there,

   *I absolutely love this* !

There are many reasons I am saying this, in brief:

	- Squeak menus are completely overwhelming and (to me) confusing mix of
"application" items, user interface items, debugging items etc. I could never
explain it to my kids and have hard time myself, especially at the beginning
I was confused. It is great to have a way to separate into "novice", "expert"
etc.

	- Your description of the additions (Tool bars, Docking Bars, Object tools)
makes lots of sense and (to me) your reasons / approaches sound right.

	- It seems like great step to promote Squeak

	- I showed the screenshot to my kids and they love it.

Thanks .. now to find time to play with it :)

Milan

PS I assume this is Morphic, is that correct?