Monticello version in 3.7 full

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Fri Sep 17 05:34:27 UTC 2004

On Thursday, September 16, 2004, at 11:44 AM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I just noticed that the version of Monticello included in the
> 3.7-5989-full image is not the latest version published on SqueakMap
> (183, not 198).  This is probably because the script to build the full
> image was finalized before I released 198, but it would be nice if we
> could upgrade this before the next full image is built.  Or do the
> full image packages get locked in at a certain version for the
> duration of the release?

They pretty much get locked in at a certain version for the duration of
the release.  Well, that's what we did for 3.6, at least.  Otherwise,
you'd have to keep updating the Full download bundles on squeak.org,
which then might mean you'd want to give the Full bundles tertiary
point releases like 3.6.1, 3.6.2, etc.  (Which might not be an entirely
bad thing, but it would be higher-maintenance.)

Or, we could just update the 3.7FullUpgrade package to include more
recent versions of packages such as MC, but then this would be out of
sync with the Full release on squeak.org.

- Doug