Spoofed e-mail.

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Thu Sep 16 22:55:29 UTC 2004

Hello dear acquaintances.

For the last week or so my identity has been spoofed on both IRC and
now e-mail. =(

The sole purpose of this spoofing appears to be to discredit my
reputation.

In addition to the distasteful "from" address line this message is
clearly bogus as I will show below.

> Om.

1. I always write this "om", no capitolization, no punctuation.
2. I rarely, if ever, use it with a small message. I tend more to use
it with my essays which are usually at least several pages in length.

> My Sphere prototipe is neering compleshan =)

1. My spelling is not that bad.
2. I have been stuck on this project for years and even though I
continue to work on it, I would not be so tearse in an announcement of
it.

> Upload this stuff to your consciuousness!! =)

I am not this lame.

> http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/UCE/Sphere-Base.st

Damn, this person actually did me a favor here, I thought I had lost
_ALL_ my old Sphere stuff when I lost my HD last spring... I had
completely forgotten about the copy on my website! =P

> http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/UCE/sphere.txt

> --
> Uncle Sam has the gremlin's touch.
> http://users.erols.com/alangrimes/  <my website.

Since my writings are on my website, it's more than a bit odd that I
would use a different domain name for the page... For the sake of
brevity, I ALWAYS announce my website as being on rcn.com, this is
clearly a forgery.

> Any usage of this e-mail account is subject to the terms and
> conditions
> specified on my website.

PAY UP, MF-ER!!! =|