[ENH][Small project] Improve the ChangeSorter

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Fri Sep 17 08:18:15 UTC 2004

 "Tim Rowledge" <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:

> Somebody wanting a small project might like to make a few changes to
> the ChangeSorter.
> a) when a CS is shrunk to the title bar it doesn't update if the active
> changeset is changed. Thus you can end up with a false impression. It
> ought to be fairly simple to fix.
The title bar of an expanded CS is also not immediately updated.
I do not see an easy way to implement title update for both collapsed
and expanded windows. For expanded windows we can use the
stepping mechanism, bit I think that is not a very beautiful solution.
> b) add to the window menu a list of the changesets (perhaps
> non-numbered or recent ones to cut down the length of the menu) so it
> is quick to change active changesets. Of course, that should update the
> title :-)
I added that to the changes menu. The new item is named
"change active change set..." It works both in a morphic environment
and in MVC.
> c) a menu option to auto-select the active changeset. It's really
> annoying to have to go down the list one by one to find the active one!
This is easy!

> tim

Greetings,
Boris