umlaute in squeak?

danil a. osipchuk danil at tsnet.ru
Mon Sep 20 09:12:47 UTC 2004

Hi, Martin

It seems that you are using unix vm. I've solved the issue by editing
sqUnixX11.c and setting there:
static x2sqKey_t x2sqKey= x2sqKeyInput;
(it's x2sqKeyPlain by default in sources on Ian site). I also have built
some fonts from TTF  (russian in my case).
After rebuilding vm I've got squeak with russian fonts.
I hope that things will be less complicated when m17n project will be
included in core Squeak. Also, there are a plenty of German squeakers
here - may be they will point the shortest path.
 Danil