Squeak 3.7 released!

lex at cc.gatech.edu lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Sep 21 21:05:41 UTC 2004

It's fine, but I actually like the Downloading Squeak page better:

	1. It has links to Swiki pages for each platform.  Just like with the
download page itself, the wiki version of these pages is often more
useful and up to date than the maintainer's website.

	2. It explains things a little better.  That front material on images,
the license, and so on, seems important for new users.

The main thing I'd change would be to remove the reference to
squeak.org, which doesn't seem to be well maintained.

There is useful stuff on the page Bert links, though.  The table is nice
for old hats who know about changes files, etc., and would like to get
to a particular download very quickly.  Also, the list of common
problems looks useful...  though over time, we should try and link these
to FAQ's when possible.

Overall, how about tweaking what we have, instead of starting from
scratch?  Maybe add the table and the list of problems, and update the
text about squeak.org?

-Lex