[BUG][FIX] BFAVAttachmentFix

Frank Shearar Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk
Tue Sep 21 16:18:58 UTC 2004

Karl Ramberg <karl.ramberg at chello.se> wrote:

> "Frank Shearar" <Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > Karl Ramberg <karl.ramberg at chello.se>
> > >
> > > "Change Set:		BFAVAttachmentFix
> > > Date:			21 September 2004
> > > Author:			Karl Ramberg
> > >
> > > Hopefully a fix for BFAV when m17n is loaded."
> > >
> > Great stuff!
> >
> > I think you mentioned this before, but do you have an ID
> number for a BFAV post that illustrates the problem?
> >
> This fixes issues with gzipped attachments.
> The method in question had a quite complex way of writing
> out streams, I'm not sure why it was that complex...
> Anyway, use of streams changes with m17n and this hopefully
> resolves the issues :-)
> Karl

Yes, I realise that. If I had a BFAV post affected by the bug though I could try out BFAV on that post, rather than just reading the code. And then maybe we can write a test to make sure we don't see this bug again. (This might require me to write a mock repository, a task I've tried to put off.)

frank

whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
RNID policy.
If you are not the intended recipient you are advised that any
use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify the RNID
Helpdesk by telephone on: +44 (0) 207 296 8282.
The Royal National Institute for Deaf People
Registered Office 19*23 Featherstone Street
London EC1Y 8SL No. 454169 (England)
Registered Charity No. 207720