[Esug-list] Need your help for my books on Squeak

jtuchel at objektfabrik.de jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Wed Sep 22 08:40:02 UTC 2004

I'd suggest that before giving it away for free check the options of
books on demand which is really a good option. You can have an ISBN for
the book and have good chances to appear on Amazon and the like. Books
on demand aren't too expensive, you can start with ca. 300 EUROs. There
are quite some examples of succesful books which have been published
this way.

If stephane would not want to earn money with the book, he still could
help funding the Squeak project or other Smalltalk/Education related
efforts.

To some extent, there still seems to be a broad base for opinions like
"if it costs nothing, it's worth nothing". The intended audience for
the book to me seems to be a group of people who like to read a book
(and make notes in it) rather than downloading a pdf.

Just my 2 cents, possibly worth nothing...

Joachim

Serge Stinckwich <Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr> schrieb am
22.09.2004, 10:21:06: