Storing morphs displayed in the world in a GOODS db

John Pierce john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 15:20:55 UTC 2004

Hi Avi,

You might think me crazy for trying to store morphs in GOODS, but that
exactly what I want to do. Currently, storing them works (e.g. I've
tried out Morph new) as long as I don't have them displaying in the
world prior to committing.

With respect to ReferenceStreams, you can store a Morph or set of
morphs in a stream and it appropriately does not chase the WorldMorph
and try to stick that in the stream.

Is there anyway you'd consider adding a special case (or showing me
where I could put on) that would allow me to store Morphs in and out
of GOODS so that I don't have to remove them from the world first
before committing?

Just let me know if this is not something you want to spend time on.
I just find it would be very handy for sharing morphs that are already
pre-configured on the screen in a certain way.

Regards,

John

--
Three failures denote uncommon strength. A weakling has not enough
grit to fail thrice. -- Minna Thomas Antrim