Storing morphs displayed in the world in a GOODS db

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Sep 22 15:34:39 UTC 2004

On Sep 22, 2004, at 5:20 PM, John Pierce wrote:

> Is there anyway you'd consider adding a special case (or showing me
> where I could put on) that would allow me to store Morphs in and out
> of GOODS so that I don't have to remove them from the world first
> before committing?

Hi John,

If the issue is not trying to serialize WorldMorph, have a look at the
specialObjects dictionary in KKDatabase.  This has as its keys objects
that shouldn't themselves be committed to the database, but may be
referenced from objects that are.  Its values are unique negative
numbers - these need to be the same for the same conceptual object
across all your images/connections.  The KKDatabase instance itself
gets stored as the first such special object, with an ID of -1.  You
could store the WorldMorph in there as -2.

Avi