Pending mac carbon vm 3.7.5Beta3

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Sep 23 21:48:44 UTC 2004

On Sep 23, 2004, at 2:10 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Am 23.09.2004 um 18:40 schrieb John M McIntosh:
>

>> On Sep 23, 2004, at 1:57 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>
>>> The only issue is, when I build from sources, I get 11 warnings
>>> (which is not a problem in itself, but in conflict with the readme
>>> stating there should only be 1). And, resources.sit seems to be old,
>>> I do not get the golden icons but the older white ones. And, it
>>> reports its version as 3.7.5b1 rather than 3.7.5.b3. But apart from
>>> that ... it's great :-)
>>
>> The resource file has been updated.
>
> When? I'm seeing rev 1.6 from Feb 18. Anyway, I do see the new icons
> now, at least in the resources folder.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/squeak/squeak/platforms/Mac%20OS/
vm/Developer/Info-Squeak_VM_OPT__Upgraded_.plist?rev=1.3&view=log

Says Revision 1.3 Thu Sep 23 16:32:49 2004 UTC (5 hours, 4 minutes ago)
by johnmci

This is where the os-x version information comes from . The
resource.sit (which I just updated) is for os-9 only.

>> After building you should go to the Finder and rename the Application
>> and see if it updates your icons, the
>> issue is that it has a copy of the old icons in the launch services
>> database, sometimes renaming can make it re-read and update it's
>> database.
>
> No, didn't help. I even deleted the whole build directory, but it
> still shows the mouse icon. Ah, whatever ;-)

You forgot the sing, dance and hit the key with feeling part....

>>> interp.c:7438: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
>>> interp.c:12659: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
>>> interp.c:12794: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
>>> interp.c:13382: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
>>> interp.c:15177: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
>>> interp.c:16891: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
>>> interp.c:17085: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
>>
>> These I don't get, so what is the assignment it is trying to make?
>
> In activateNewMethod:
>
> 			where = (((char *) newContext)) + BaseHeaderSize;
>
> My interpreterVersion is "Squeakland 3.8.5976 of 25 August 2004
> [latest update: #267]

Well the VMMaker I'm using builds this as
		where = newContext + BaseHeaderSize;

Sooo Tim who is in my kitchen right now tells me that you've got the
wrong version of VMMaker.

> - Bert -

===