TextProtocolCleanUp - update 6187 in unstable stream

Andrew Tween amtween at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 25 09:49:51 UTC 2004

I have spotted a problem with this update (6187) , but I am unsure what to
do about it.

The changeset modifies the behavior of the Text>>append: and Text>>prepend:
methods so that they no longer modify the receiver, but instead answer a new
Text object.
This seems wrong. So I would like to reverse out the changes to these two
methods.
What should I do?

The update is in the unstable stream, but isn't in the stable stream.
Should I submit a new changeset, containing the original versions of the
methods?
Or do something else?

Cheers,
Andy