New UI Big-Bang on unstable update stream

Alexander Lazarević Alexander at Lazarevic.de
Sat Sep 25 13:55:35 UTC 2004

Hi Diego,

this new look is very nice and well done. I think it also works as a
good invitation for people to play with squeak, when they first get in
touch with it. The iconset also expresses the "fun&play" character of
squeak very well. Great Work, Diego!

> It's not clear if we need just 2 modes (novice / expert) or 3 of them
> (novice / expert / programmer).

Do you plan to have different iconsets with every mode? Maybe "experts"
or programmers would prefer a plain iconstyle? A while ago I was fed up
with some of  the menu icons and changed them in Squeak 3.7.  I did use
some freely available icons and used them at places where they seemed to
fit best for me. So for what it is worth here is a screenshot of what I
came up with. If you plan to have different iconsets available maybe
this could work as an inspiration or even a starting point for you.

Alex

(1) http://www.lazarevic.de/images/icontheme.jpg