About Space is low

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Sep 25 14:15:42 UTC 2004

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 03:13:01PM +0200, stéphane ducasse wrote:
> Thanks I will try your fix,
> I'm on mac using john vm so does it make sense.
> Should this fix be in 3.8?

I would say yes.  But I am the author of the fix, so it would be good
if someone other than me should look at it and make sure I got it right.
The fix was easy, but the problem was not ;)

If someone wants to reproduce the bug and confirm the fix, I posted some
testing code later in the same BFAV thread. See the message with title
"[bug][FIX] stack overflow crashes Squeak. ( test to confirm bug and
fix on Unix/Linux )".

You will not hurt anything if you just put the fix into 3.8, but the
bug is tricky to find and it would be a lot easier to review the fix
carefully now, rather than try to debug it later on if I did not quite
get it right.

Dave