3.7 draft press release

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Sat Sep 25 16:58:46 UTC 2004

On Sep 24, 2004, at 11:43 PM, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> Tiny tweak - I'd suggest
> ...clearing up one of the Squeak License issues by....
> it just sounds a bit less serious.
>
> We could mention that the VM is a bit faster on most machines and twice
> as fast on RISC OS :-)

A few more small tweaks...

You could probably leave out my intro about it being a "long time
coming", that was more of an explanation for the active squeak-dev
community and may be less relevant for the rest of the world.  Maybe go
with "Squeak 3.7 has been released! It is now available for download at
http://squeak.org. Thanks to everyone who contributed in one way or
another."

I'd change "the Accufonts font" to "the Accufonts font set", since it's
more than one font.

Maybe add a comma here: "... an enhanced look and feel, and last but
not least ..." to make it easier to parse.  Grammatically you could go
either way, but sometimes with a long list it's good to add a comma
after the second-to-last item.

Otherwise, looks good... thanks for handling this.

- Doug