Q: How can I drop an object reference into a Workspace?

Anders Conradi beque at telia.com
Sun Sep 26 01:33:30 UTC 2004

Hi again,

Here I am again with another newbie question. I am sure this is as
silly as my last one, but the answer eludes me.

Let's say I have constructed an object. I also have a Workspace open
(or an inspector on another unrelated object). How can I place a
reference to the first object into the workspace, for example to use as
an argument to a message?

I want to reference an object in a context where it is not bound to any
variable that I know of. I don't want to dig through some data
structures by code to find the object, but rather pick the object to
reference with the mouse.

Failing that, is there anything like the outliners in self? With
support for linking objects to slots by dragging small blocks with the
mouse.

// Anders