Coffee maker (was Re: umlaute in squeak?)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Sep 27 02:17:22 UTC 2004

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> PS. I bought a Really, Really Good (tm) coffee maker today. It's just
> unbelievable how good coffee can be (heh, heh).
Which one? I completely agree about the pleasures of good caffeination
but I'm surprised you don't have a decent espresso maker at the lab. We
had a fullscale double spout monster at Interval which at times seemed
like the only good reason to be working there. We could have done with a
suitably cute barrista though since certain members of staff could use
said monster to make the coffee kitchen look as if a bomb had gone off
in it.

I have an utterly beautiful Bodum stainless steel french-press type
doohickey. It makes excellent coffee, keeps it in good condition for at
least an hour and looks wonderful. Amazing how such a simple thing can
bring so much pleasure. Whoever you are 'C. Jorgenson' thank you for
the design.

tim
Useful random insult:- Her objects are not fully oriented.