Storing morphs displayed in the world in a GOODS db

John Pierce john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 03:02:47 UTC 2004

> I wish I could provide a suggestion or possible fix, but does anyone
> have any ideas?

Ok, so I think I am on to something here.  I actually am discovering
that the BitBlt machinery gets really angry when an instance of Color
coming from GOODS has, as its cachedBitPattern instVar, a
KKObjectProxy rather than the unproxied bitmap it was expecting.

So -- is this a BitBlt problem that it won't take a ProtoObject (in
this case, an instance of KKObjectProxy)?  Or is there a way to ensure
that an object coming out of GOODs always gets totally unproxied
(yuck)?  Too bad that BitBlt doesn't handle this better, but I suspect
it is looking for an instance of a variable subclass and, instead, it
finds an instance of ProtoObject and gives me the fraction? error.

The really hard thing to solve is that it is not the Color instance of
my Morph that is problematic.  It is rather the instance variable
"cachedBitPattern" of the Color instance that is causing BitBlt so
much grief.  I am looking for a direction to go here if anyone can
provide advice.

Of course, I want a general solution and not just "call flushCache" on
the Color instance of the morph I am storing in GOODS.

Regards,

John