Millisecond clock resolution for DateAndTime now

John Pierce john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 16:30:31 UTC 2004

Hi all,

This conversation on millisecond clock resolution to DateAndTime now
has gone many different ways and has been an interesting discussion in
many respects, but, at the end of the day, it sounds like a VM mod is
in order, is that right?

So since I made the request should I fool around with the VM code and
try to propose a modification or is someone else all over this?  Also
-- what is the policy on VM mods?  Is there any chance we can have
something like this in 3.8 or would the earliest be 3.9?  (assuming we
had a clear path on the design and implementation and could implement
it today).

Regards,

John

--
Three failures denote uncommon strength. A weakling has not enough
grit to fail thrice. -- Minna Thomas Antrim