Millisecond clock resolution for DateAndTime now

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Sep 27 17:11:07 UTC 2004

John Pierce <john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com> wrote:

> So since I made the request should I fool around with the VM code and
> try to propose a modification or is someone else all over this?  Also
> -- what is the policy on VM mods?  Is there any chance we can have
> something like this in 3.8 or would the earliest be 3.9?
If you feel like trying to do it, feel free. Remember platform
portability issues, document it, think of sensible SUnit tests for it,
write it all, send it to me, remind me to review it and it will get
into the soonest available alpha VMMaker release. If people like it, it
gets to stay in for beta and release.

Simple!

tim
Useful random insult:- A poor excuse for protoplasm.