the plan for 3.8 (from marus and stef)

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Tue Sep 28 16:23:20 UTC 2004

On Sep 28, 2004, at 11:31 AM, Michael Rueger wrote:

> So our list:
>
>> In addition to m17n,  what we would like to see with this version:
>>     - services (so please have a look and comment)
>>     - shout (already ready to go as package)
>>     - a lot of fixes (so please continue to review and give your
>> point of view!)
>>     - excellent diego look
>>     - new preference browser
>>     - clean of the system dictionary (see my next email)
>>     - SM20 with configuration (yes yes)
>
> All other items are pretty deep system changes and IMHO would require
> a longer testing phase.

Just as a point of reference, OmniBrowser makes no changes to the base
system at all, only additions.

If the plan is indeed to replace the existing system browser, I think
OB should be included (yes Göran, as a package) in 3.8. Developers can
choose to use the old browser if they run into problems with OB, and
we'll benefit a lot from the wider testing OB will get from being in
the release.

Colin