3D acceleration.

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Tue Sep 28 21:04:02 UTC 2004

Am 28.09.2004 um 17:33 schrieb Alan Grimes:

> 1. On what platforms is hardware 3D acceleration supported?

MacOS X, Linux, Win32, at least. Probably anything with an OpenGL
library.

> 2. What things need to be done to make it work on linux?

Make sure your OpenGL is working in other apps, e.g. glxgears. Use ldd
to find out which library it is actually linked against (should be
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1). Make sure /usr/lib/libGL.so is a symlink to that
library. Make sure you have the Squeak B3DAcceleratorPlugin.

> Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should go to learn about
> how to add physical simulation features to the engine?

Well, nobody is seriously working with the Balloon3D engine anymore.
But you surely could employ Takashi Yamamiya's ODE plugin
(http://languagegame.org:8080/ggame/15). We used it successfully with
Croquet.

- Bert -