Chemistry classes?

Daniel B. Faken faken at cascv.brown.edu
Tue Sep 28 13:59:42 UTC 2004

Hello Fellow Squeakers,

  I'm working on some molecular-visualization stuff for Croquet.  Does
anyone have/know-of classes for representing Atoms/Molecules in
Squeak/Smalltalk?
  I don't so much need something to render them (though that would be
nice) as to represent them (so that I can access their coordinates, bonds,
elemental properties, etc.) & manipulate them.

  I've looked at the 'Atomic' game and the 'Bouncing Atoms' sim, but
neither of those provides any real support.

  Also, is anyone using Squeak for teaching Chemistry?

thanks for any help!
Daniel Faken