Q: How can I drop an object reference into a Workspace?

lex at cc.gatech.edu lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Sep 29 21:41:35 UTC 2004

karl.ramberg at chello.se wrote:
> Inspectors does not have the binding functionality the workspace have.
> It would be nice if they had though. Inspectors don't have the tempVar
> functionality workspaces have either. I have not looked into it, but it
> would not surprise me if it could be done with some crazy hacking :-)

For inspectors, how about dropping into the top-right pane means that
you put the object into the currently selected instance variable, while
dropping into the top-left pane means that you put the object into what
variable you dropped it on top of?

Also, it would be nice if you could drag *from* labels in inspectors,
and drop the resulting object either into a workspace or another object.

-Lex