About the clean of SystemDictionary

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Sep 29 20:01:29 UTC 2004

If you want but we JUST want to have a class that has the
responsibility to hold binding with a decent interface.
And our point is NOT to introduce namespaces in Squeak. This is totally
different. The tools should be using a namespace
which per default is Smalltalk but not Smalltalk directly. This is why
I removed all the Smalltalk by self class environment long
time ago.

Once we will have done that you will be able to apply the same trick
you did, I still would like to understand your design
But are you coming to OOPSLA? Because I do not work to talk about
language design by email this is too frustrating.

So I would prefer not for now so that everybody can concentrate on
making progress :). I prefer to know you are working on
SM2 this is much more important for me. By the way people told me that
we could not use two images in the same directory
with sm because the external sm cache files would not like it. Is it
fixed? Because else I do not see the point to have a cache.
Have you thought also of a solution to have the cache in the image
because this means that SM does not work if there is no
file for example :)
Stef