3D acceleration.

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Tue Sep 28 22:53:29 UTC 2004

> On Squeak for Windows, we have a menu item (in the window menu)
> "VM preferences" and a submenu "Display and Sound" with three
> items. It is important to check "Use OpenGL (instead of D3D)"
> Hardware acceleration needs OpenGL; it will not work when you
> use D3D.

There is nothing like that Linux. I generally run it in framebuffer
mode despite the fact that the framebuffer driver constrains me to
640x480x8....=(

Or with the TWM for X'doze. -- hardly any menus at all....

The OpenGL libraries, or at least _SOME_ 3D libraries are working and
they work extremely well for "tuxracer". -- to within the limits of
Linux's inexhaustable suckeyness....

The card isn't very impressive but then there isn't much that's fully
supported by the flaming kernel.

I am supprised that the work on this 3D stuff stopped years ago, I
thought it was an active area of research.