Unofficial status report

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Apr 4 07:59:11 UTC 2005

Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> > 	- ToolBuilder (32 subscribed to ml). This project started out with a
> > bang, but the ml has been mostly silent during march. I don't think that
> > means anything in particular but I personally look forward to get
> > ToolBuilder installed as a package in Basic in the 3.9 alpha stream
> > ASAP, Brian, you hear me? :) The reasoning for that is to make the API
> > available for all of us so that we can start to program against it under
> > 3.9 which in turn is important because in later releases (4.0 or 4.1 or
> > whatever) Morphic will turn into a package (MorphicSplitters) and then
> > tools that hasn't been ported to using ToolBuilder will become
> > inoperational without Morphic installed.
>
> The ToolBuilder *api* has been available on SqueakSource for quite a
> while already. The changes Brian is working on are the places that need

I know that, what I am talking about is *inclusion* in Basic. A lot more
people will find it and look at it if it is in Basic, and of course also
make the decision to depend on it.

But I agree - I could have mentioned that it has been available all
along on SqueakSource, sorry for that. :)

regards, Göran