Database options was (Re: My first Magma experience ...)

Ron Jeffries ronjeffries at acm.org
Mon Apr 4 12:52:50 UTC 2005

On Monday, April 4, 2005, at 6:46:49 AM, Cees de Groot wrote:

> Maybe one solution would be to develop and unit test in a full OO
> environment, and then do a sort of 'compilation' to an RDBMS just before
> acceptance testing&shipping...

Given the strong insistence in many shops at winding up on the
RDBMS, I'd put off using it as long as possible, giving the code and
data plenty of time to evolve before nailing my foot to the ground.

As Trygve points out, though, further evolution is likely, and will
be hampered by the use of the RDBMS.

Ron Jeffries
www.XProgramming.com
In programming, do, or undo. There is always try.  --Yoda