Smalltalk/JVM Questions and Answers

Jason Jones jsj at ksc.com
Mon Apr 4 20:52:07 UTC 2005

All,

We received many emails concerning open sourcing St/JVM.  Below you will
find answers to some of the more common questions we received.

Jason Jones
jsj at ksc.com

Q: Which dialect of Smalltalk would it support? VisualAge? VisualWorks?

A: Syntactically it is somewhere between VA, VW and Squeak.  It supports
some syntax that is unique to each of these.

Q: Is the point of open-sourcing the project so that the Smalltalk community
would provide the code for each dialect to be compatible with Mission's
compiler?