Celeste "empty trash" speeds things up!

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Apr 5 13:57:59 UTC 2005

Whoa, Celeste's "empty trash" can really speed things up, especially if
you are on mailing lists or if you use the built-in spam catcher.  It
makes it load and save MUCH faster.  It's highly recommended, and it's
worth reconsidering the automatic deletion of trash as time goes on.
Users shouldn't have to "sweep the floors" like this, IMHO, if it is not
necessary.  Maybe auto-delete mail that has been in the trash for 10
days?

Also recomended, is that you do not keep tooooo much spam around.

As an aside, I finally broke down and stopped using Celeste's spam
catcher.  Over my network connection, even *downloading* it is painful,
so I have caved in and now let SpamAssasin take care of most of it on
the server.  Nowadays SpamAssasin does the Baysean trick itself, and it
is not toooo much trouble to occasionally export some spams from Celeste
(using "export (Unix/Eudora)"), and feed them through the "sa-learn"
program to retrain SpamAssasin.

Lex