Celeste "empty trash" speeds things up!

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Apr 5 22:02:59 UTC 2005

Jon Hylands <jon at huv.com> wrote:
> Just as an aside -- I've kept pretty much every piece of spam I've ever
> received. I periodically make a new spam folder, when the old one gets to
> 30-40,000 items. I don't use Celeste, though...
>
> Right now, I've got just under 150,000 spam messages archived.

Yeah, it can be useful to keep them around -- especially if you are
enthusiastic enough to spend time really tweaking your spam rules!  If
you want to build such an archive with Celeste, you could "export" them
to a spam folder in exactly the same way.

The main thing is, you don't really want to have Celeste loading and
saving an index of 10's of thousands of messages all the time.

-Lex