[Q] localization of ChronologyConstants

Jan B. Krejčí janbkrejci at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 08:30:04 UTC 2005

hi,

we're now translating Squeak to Czech. I've noticed that in
ChronologyConstants class>>initialize the names for months and
weekdays are "hardcoded" to an array of symbols (therefore day and
month names do not appear in Language Editor).

And, unfortunately, some other parts of image depend on english names
so I can't just make a patch here. For instance, when HTTP headers are
constructed, the date is used and it should not be IMHO translated due
to the issues with multibyte characters (maybe I'm wrong).

So the question is: what is the best approach to translate day and
month names so that nothing else is broken? I know I'm asking a
difficult question, but I believe someone has an opinion already.

--
.:jbk:.
Jan B. Krejci