Checking whether a VM plugin has been loaded

Wed Apr 6 19:43:36 UTC 2005

Hi Coen,

I have just do the following and the plugin worked nice:
- downloaded the UNIX VM 3.7-7 and 3.7 image
- dowloaded http://beta4.com/~avi/ObjectiveCPlugin
- copied the ObjectiveCPlugin in Squeak-3.7-7.app/Contents/MacOS/
- downloaded
http://kilana.unibe.ch:8888/ObjectiveCBridge/ObjectiveC-avi.70.mcz
- launched Squeak then installed ObjectiveC-avi.70.mcz

After that in a Workspace a made a smalltest:
"(NSString stringWithString: 'hello') uppercaseString"
the result was "@'HELLO'"

You ABSOLUTELY need to install the ObjectiveCPlugin.
The one in the distributed VM is a very old one and will not work.

Hope this help you to evaluate the ObjectiveC bridge.
Alain