[ANN] new version of AudioVideo lib available

Martin Kuball MartinKuball at web.de
Wed Apr 6 19:58:10 UTC 2005

Hi!

I'v just uploaded a new version (3) of my AudioVideo lib to
SqueakSource at kilana.unibe.ch.

This version is a big step forward conceptually. It introduces some
classes to build filter pipelines to process data. Here is an example
that converts an avi in packed format to one that is not packed.
Actually this is the only thing you can do at the moment.

|srcAvi dstAvi demuxer filter muxer |
srcAvi _ RIFFArchive openOn: 'test.avi'.

demuxer _ AVIFileDemuxer on: srcAvi.
filter _ BitstreamUnpacker new.
filter input: (demuxer outputForType: filter inputType).
muxer _ AVIMuxer new.
muxer frameRate: srcAvi frameRate.
muxer setVideoInput: filter output.
muxer addAudioInput: (demuxer outputForType: 'auds').

dstAvi _ AVIFile new.
dstAvi input: muxer.
dstAvi runtime: 3600.   "just a big value to make sure every frame in
the source is processed."
dstAvi createIndex.
dstAvi writeTo: (StandardFileStream newFileNamed: 'test2.avi').
dstAvi close.
srcAvi close.

Everything is rather crude at the moment. Guess I have to take a
closer look at the refactoring browser some time soon ;).

Have fun,
Martin