Traits and Omnibrowser, errors testing clean copy

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sun Apr 10 00:30:08 UTC 2005

On Apr 9, 2005, at 7:12 PM, Thomas Koenig wrote:

> Sorry, Try this in a clean Squeak3.7-5989-full.image: Install
> Monticello
> 183 and Traits beta2.1.  Using SunitTestRunner,  execute the
> OBAccessBrowserTest.  OBAccessBrowserTest>>testSelectorSend will fail
> with "MessageNotUnderstood: Dictionary>>associations"  That's because
> the following fails
> OBMessageNode>>setRange
> 	assoc _ (methodNode encoder rawSourceRanges)
> 			associations ....
> My guess is that (methodNode encoder rawSourceRanges) should be
> returning an OBDictionaryNode rather than a Dictionary?  I'm going to
> try that path first.  If that doesn't work, I'll adding #associations
> Dictionary.  If someones already seen and fixed the problem, I'd like
> know.

Hi Thomas,

This error isn't related to OBDictionaryNode, or toTraits, for what
that's worth. I suspect the problem is that #associations is an
extension from some other package that you don't have loaded.
OmniBrowser is meant to work without depending on any other package, so
you should be fine if you add #associations to Dictionary.

In the larger scheme, what we really ought to do is update the Traits
browser. It's based on an ancient version of OmniBrowser, and OB has
improved greatly in the meantime.

Colin