FFI-examples-win32

Tobias Germer germer at web.de
Sun Apr 10 15:58:11 UTC 2005

> I am interested in knowing how the
> FFI-examples-win32 classes are able to make calls to external
> functions, and whether other windows functions can also be called from
> these classes.

You can call all sorts of Windows-functions using FFI. Actually it's
quite easy.
For example, I implemented a Quake-like navigation-control for Croquet
where I must reset the position of the mouse-cursor every frame. There
seems to be no existing solution in Croquet so I wrote my own
"cursor-positioner":

setCursorPosX: x y: y
	<apicall: bool 'SetCursorPos' (ulong ulong) module:'user32.dll'>

Hope this helps,
- Tobias