Smalltalk/JVM Licensing

Steven Swerling sswerling at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 15:22:04 UTC 2005

You might also take a look at the croquet public license.

Croquet license here:
  http://www.opencroquet.org/Croquet_Technologies/license.html

There have been quite a few long discussions about open source smalltalk
licenses on the squeak-dev list, and it has proven to be a very
contentious issue. And difficult. The croquet guys are veterans of those
discussions and it may be a good idea to get their input if possible.

BTW, I would concur w/ the person who said that seaside would be a very
good target application for porting, it would have straightforward
practical implications for any smalltalker wishing to rent a little
bandwidth on one of the many JSP app servers available.