OODB Collections

Daniel Salama dsalama at user.net
Tue Apr 12 19:55:47 UTC 2005

I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light as to which of the standard
collection classes are "OODB safe"?

By this, I mean that when large collections of objects are stored in an
OODB, they will be efficiently accessed via Squeak without having to,
necessarily, load the entire collection in memory.

One example of these are, as were recommended earlier to me, the BTree
classes by Avi. However, looking at Magma, I see it does have some
support for large collections. Also, OmniBase has some collection
classes of its own.

But, questions like: at which point does it become important to
consider optimized collections? or is it safe to use Dictionaries or is
there a more efficient collection? I don't know. Just looking for
general advise on proper usability of collection classes and their
persistency (sorry for being so vague).

Thanks,
Daniel