Parallel plugin.

François THIMON thimof at iutc3.unicaen.fr
Thu Apr 14 11:45:09 UTC 2005

Hi.
For my project, I need a plugin that handles the computer's parallel port so we
can communicate with a small robot. Up to now, we have one that works fine for
UNIX systems. We may write another one for Windows (but microsoft sucks!!!!!).
For now, the code is quite simple. It just does open/close and read/write
operations on the port using ioctl. We use it from squeak with FFI.
Anyway, my teachers told me to submit our code to you in order to get feedback
for experienced squeakers. The aims are :
 - make the plugin as 'squeak-like' as possible so it's easier to use
 - make it as useful as possible
 - finally, the plugin could be officially added to qsueak VM

Could someone tell me why the VM is always unable to find the function int
shutdownModule() whereas it's declarated and defined as it should?

If you know squeak well and/or if you're interested in using parallel ports,
please read the attached files and tell me whether there's something wrong.

Thanks.