Throttle settings in Comanche?

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at fast-mail.org
Thu Apr 14 14:23:42 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 04:03, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> Jason Rogers <jacaetevha at fast-mail.org> wrote:
> > Is there a throttle setting in Comanche?  I would like to be able to
> > download some fairly substantial sized files from one of my servers but
> > the rate of download is near only 500b/s.  Everything else to and from
> > that same machine is upwards of 100Kb/s, so it seemed to me that
> > Comanche must be doing the throttling.  Any clues?
>
> No throttling in there, but obviously something is odd. 500b/s is...
> slow. :) How large are the files you are downloading? If they are really
> big it matters.

They are substantial in size ~25MB.

> And btw, you could try using my new SocketStream implementation called
> FastSocketStream.
> It is on SM, I just made a new release with a small fix in it. You can
> simply check for references to SocketStream in the Kom code, there is a
> single one - change it and try again.

OK.  I will try that.  Thanks.

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20