threads page on swiki (was: native threads)

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Apr 16 18:36:10 UTC 2005

I've tried to summarize the main points of this thread on a Swiki page
called  "Squeak threading model".  If you posted to the thread, you may
want to peak and make sure your great info is covered sufficiently.

One thing I didn't do, which would be nice, is to add external links
about other systems' garbage collectors and threading implementations.
I'm too exhausted at this point!

Another thing I didn't do, is post specific code on how to roll your own
scheduler.   The topic is there, however, if anyone would like to expand
on it.  See the "Alternative Schedulers" page.

	"Squeak Threading Model*
	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/382

-Lex